Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fireplace


This is my firs time ever owning and operating a fire place. And I guess my first time really needing or wanting a fire. But it got cold enough this past week that the forecast included snow. So we bought some logs and started a fire. It really does warm up a whole room and the ambiance was great. Its the perfect thing at Christmas time. This Christmas we have so many ups and downs but I think that part of growing up is figuring out how to stay calm and relax during those times. We also have scaled back so much this year. We used to buy the kids more presents than they had the energy to open. Now we limit it to three max and a few stocking stuffers. I think its better for them to learn that life isnt about stuff. A lesson some times you don't want to have to teach your kids cause it sucks but...again its time for me to grow up. Lets just say at least Andrew is happy with the adjustment.

No comments: