Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of JULY 2013

I did not take pictures. I couldn't find my phone all day. But it was a really really fun day. Thanks to Annette of course. We drove up to the parade site the night before so the next morning would run smoothly. I woke up at 5 am and drove my dads truck to the lake then ran home so we would get a good spot for the Pflugerville fireworks that night. It turns out I didn't really need to do that but that's how you learn right? You try it and whatever doesn't work, do not do it next year. That's my philosophy at least. We had red white and blue waffles for breakfast and then headed to the parade. It was mainly cars and motorcycles, no floats, with a few church groups riding on a trailer throwing out candy. But my little nephew Cole was on cloud nine. He thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. If the kids are happy I'm Happy. We went back to the house and the kids played on the tramp with the hose and then came inside and played some more. While they were doing that me and Annette were dropping off coolers full of food at the lake for later that night. By far the BEST part was Annette bought a canopy with a shade wall. At 4 pm we rode buses to our already parked cars and then set up camp with that bad boy and everyone was in heaven. The shade it provided was so so nice. Plus we bought those cool towels and that really helped cool people down. The kids swam in the lake. Annette and I went canoeing. We bought funnel cakes and corn on the cob from local vendors. Then at 9 pm- FIREWORKS! I have to say the fireworks show was really awesome. I am very impressed with what the small town of Pflugerville pulled off. Derek said he has day dreams about the fireworks display. Very fun -exhausting day. We did really well planning it out, with very few adjustments to make next year.

No comments: