Sunday, July 7, 2013

All Star Baseball

Dallin made the All Star team again. Which basically is just non stop baseball all the time for the whole month of June. We knew this going into it...and yet we are always exhausted after the first weekend thinking how can we keep this up all month? My dad of course was there. It made Dallin extra high strung and nervous. I asked him one night at the dinner table why he kept getting so upset he told me his Grandpa is what makes him worry. He then told me a story about one day when his grandpa Bassett took him out to practice catching and he kept missing the ball. He said Grandpa Bassett told him "to start catching EVERYTHING or he was going to kick his ass". He had huge eyes loaded with fear as he tells me this story. I start laughing inside cause I know my dad and his intimidation tactics. And I am shocked that again yet another young boy has been scared shitless by them. I asked Dallin "so what did you DO?". He says "I stared catching everything and saved my own life"!!! So so so funny. One day when he is a grown man and he wishes he could skip going in to his mundane job to be a kid again and just play baseball all day, his heart will be full of gratitude for what his Grandpa taught him. Long story short. He played really REALLY well. We had several people come up and tell us he was going to be in the major leagues one day they were that impressed. He improved so much in that one month I am going to call in a WIN WIN(even though it was a hot hot month full of exhausting long weekends).

No comments: