Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pray for me.

When the kids were out of school I decided to take them to Chick Fil A one afternoon to load up on root beer and chicken nuggets. There is a sort of unspoken agreement when my kids get to go to a play place and eat. The general idea is if I take you then when we get home you best play nice and quiet for at least two hours. I was tired and right when we got home Addie asked for a drink. I knew she had tons of root beer at Chick Fil A so I told her NO and to go play. (if my kids are real thirsty they can always grab a stool, climb up on the counter and put their mouth to a faucet)
Later that day I was running around cleaning house with a slight urge to go to the bathroom. The urge got worse.... bad enough that I had to get to the nearest bathroom fast. Only to find it was out of toilet paper. This was not a situation that could just drip dry if you know what I mean. I called for Addie in the next room and asked if she could grab me some paper towels from the kitchen. She looks me square in the eyes and says "What did you tell me when I asked for a drink?" You should have seen the look of triumph on her face. I am really worried about her teenage years. Pray for me!

No comments: