Sunday, October 31, 2010

Derek's Presents



Our family tradition is to have a birthday week. Every day of that week you can open a present. It works out great because they can enjoy each present more when its the highlight of the day instead of ripping through all of them on the birthday and only playing with the favorite one and then the buzz has worn off so when you finally do play with the other ones its not as much fun. Genius idea I know! Since Derek has seen all his siblings do this and he is now turning three I figured he would be upset to not get what every one else does. Long story short I wrapped up seven present and put them on the dining room table. I was rushing to get out the door and take the older kids to school. When I got back both Olivia and Derek greeted me at the door looking like they were constipated. As I went to the kitchen to grab some apple juice (it helps with constipation) I noticed wrapping paper strewn about the living room and thats when it hit me. They are not constipated. The devil and his trusty side kick Liva had gotten down the presents and opened every last one of them. I am not mad at all. I don't know what I expected from a 3 year old. Thats being said I am not sure what to do. He has nothing to open at his party and its kind of a downer to not have a present at the party. So I can either use a gift that was suppose to be for Christmas or go get him another one. In the end it felt allot like being robbed. I still have post traumatic stress syndrom as we speak.

This is a clip of us helping him after the wrapping paper was torn off. This is his favorite present. more pics of it to come.

No comments: