Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School Preparation




Getting ready to go back to school this year is a real trip. We have Mrs. Olivia starting kindergarten and Derek in preschool so ALL of my Chillins are going to school in some form. It started with a inventory of sorts. We went through all of our clothes and got rid of socks with holes, things that didn't fit ect. Olivia got a bunch of hand me downs but I still bought her new stuff to make it all exciting. Then we went to the doctor and got shots and physical exams ect. Dallin had to do the whole turn your head and cough thing this year. It was awkward between us. I didn't know what to say to comfort him and he didn't want to talk about it so we went out to lunch and I let him have whatever he wanted. Then I took all the paper work to the schools and paid fees ect... Next was shopping for new clothes. Each kid got a ton of stuff and this year I set the bar at 3 pairs of shoes per kid. Last year we always couldn't find a pair or they were wet cause they played in puddles ect. I also got back pack hooks for them to hang their back pack on. I hated how they were always all over the floor or beds. And then we started a chore chart. It helps us get organized and set for what kind of structure we need to get through the school days. Today I am going to buy alarm clocks for each room in hopes that we can take the next two weeks to acclimate to waking up earlier. We didn't do this last year and we were running behind every day in the beginning. 14 more days to freedom. Its been a crazy busy summer

No comments: