Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July





Nothing major. My dad is very patriotic and we did soooo much on the 4th as a kid. To me this year was very mellow. We hung out all day and then headed down to the local fireworks at 5 p.m.
I will say that just sitting on blankets watching the kind of people that come out to those events is very entertaining. I was so worried to use the portable out houses though I know that its infested with STDs. The kids ate, we played in the water area and then waited for the fireworks. Of course we bought the expensive light up toys, but hey if the ghetto kids get them why shouldn't mine. Then we watched the fireworks. I can't tell if it was fun or just average for them (they didnt say much). I feel like kids these days have to go to Disneyland and buy everything in their sights or its just not enough.
It was better than nothing. I need to plan better next year.
My favorite is the picture of Addie and Olivia ducking down to keep from getting hit by the fireworks. They are such drama queens.

No comments: