Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The downside to potty training.


Don't get me wrong the very fact that the poop goes in the toilet and I don't directly have to handle it is beyond awesome. But there are some negatives that come along with a newly potty trained kid. Because I want to encourage him to tell me when he has to go in public he will often tell me he has to go just to get out of sacrament meeting at church or when he wants attention and I am talking to a friend. I have to get up and take him only to find its a false alarm. I cant tell yet when he is faking so I am at his mercy. Oddly enough he will pee on any fence or tree for convenience while playing outside but he wont pee in the pool. And do you have any idea how hard it is to put wet swim trunks back on to a wet little bum while he is trying to find stability from a slippery wet cement floor. Just go in the pool!!! Thats what chemicals are for. And we did the whole candy reward system when he did a duke. But I am not having an easy time fading the candy out. The min I don't give him a piece of candy for his #2 he has an accident. Truth be told he has a couple of teeth turning a greyish shade of brown. Not good. Nothing in parenting is easy.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I know what you mean. I hate it when I'm out shopping and Joselyn yells "I have to go potty!" and Landen my 18monther is with me and I have to drag all of them and my full shopping cart to the bathroom, let her go, and then 20 minutes later have to do that all over again. It was much easier letting her go in her diaper!