Monday, March 5, 2012

Salmon any one?



My kids are the picky-est eaters on the planet. Hands down. I hate and dread meal time cause if its not chicken nuggets,a hot dog, or mac and cheese they will flip out. At one point we tried the forceful approach. I think it doesn't help that I am a bad cook but long story short Dallin took a fork full of food, tried to swallow it, and then threw up all over the table. The smell of vomit was so strong it ruined our appetite for the dinner left on our plates so...we packed all the kids up and drove to TGI Fridays. I had given up on fighting them for a few months. But the truth is its not that healthy to eat only three things ever so I have been continually plugging away at getting them to try new stuff. I obviously try to cook better so there is no lurching or dry heaving. But the good news is we are making progress. The other night I tried to feed them salmon. Which is huge in this house. It took me all day to gain the courage and then I served it. Olivia took tiny itty bitty bites but other than that every one ate their food. Its an gigantic sized victory that deserves a night out at the Olive Garden where we can eat some good food finally.

No comments: