Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Side note



I think after 6 years of marriage my husband gets my sense of humor cause he was willing to pose by the pack rat exhibit. The truth is his family are huge pack rats. They are kind of closet pack rats cause its not like you are walking in isles made by huge piles of stuff but any where they can hide it they will. Some of our biggest fights as a new couple were when I threw away the cd cases after we had put all the cds in one of those organized cd cases. Why would you need the case ever again? He went and found them in the trash and was crying he was so upset yet still kind of foaming at the mouth. Um and then hallelujah god heard my prayers and now we have i-pods. I remember when my mom brought me a box of trophies and metals from my running days and I threw them all away. Most of them I placed very well in or even won. Yet my husband would hyperventilate if he lost even one of his participation ribbons from field day in grade school. Yeah they actually keep participation ribbons!! The other day I was telling my friends how he kind of goes through the trash to make sure nothing he doesnt want to end up in there is there and I told them that he retrieved our VHS player from the garbage. He could see on their faces it was very odd to them so he got defensive and claimed I was lying. Which most people would believe cause I do lie all the time. But check it out I found it hidden in the garage. Mind you we have no VHS movies any more. Not one. Some EXPERTS say its an actual disorder. Hum.... I am just glad I can be here for him when he wants to hurdle over the denial stage and get help.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Its ok Andrew, we'll give you refuge if you need it. We still have our VHS and yet, we don't watch those kind of movies either. Trust me, Camille is the one with the OCD.

Shawn said...

I still have all of my medals and ribbons from my swimming days. That's the kind of stuff you need to hang on to. Chris has his pine-wood derby trophy from when he was 8, and displays it proudly in the bedroom!

Camille Bassett said...

Keeping things from my past isnt necessary. I have the memory and my kids have their own lives and will make their own memories. They dont need to carry around a trophy I won and what are they going to do look at it once or twice and be like wow. but the feeling for any one who sees it couldnt ever be what i felt that day so the metal is an object that is wasting space. its the day and the memory that matters and even then it only matters if it effects the present moment cause thats the only moment we can be in.

Shawn said...

Wow, didn't know you felt so strongly about "junk"